||Spawns (also commonly referred to as Spiders) are fast-moving, they are comprised mostly of a tangle of up to 12 ‘legs’, measuring around 40cm in size. Spawns are accompanied by a distinct buzzing sound, their favored tactic is to spring jump at prey from a distance. They have little health but they seem to get stronger closer to the radius, their health ranges from 1-2 pistol shots or knife stabs.|
- Spawns can be difficult to deal with due to their high speed, small body, and frequent changing of direction when close to the player. The Spawn is the only enemy that can outrun the player, and attacks frequently, meaning that if you try to run away it will quickly kill you.
- When engaging a group of enemies that include a Spawn, the Spawn may be the most dangerous if left alone. Retreat from the other enemies if possible and handle the Spawn on its own.
- Crouching makes them easier to deal with as it brings them to eye level, especially on flat surfaces like roads.
- The most cost-effective method to kill a Spawn at a distance is with a scoped intermediate caliber rifle (35-40 damage per bullet) (any rifle NOT chambered in 9x39mm or 7.62x54R).
- When a Spawn jumps up to attack you, it no longer tracks your position. It is possible to side-step a pouncing Spawn, causing it to miss and hit the ground instead. When this happens it will sit motionless for ~5 seconds, making it is easy to shoot or stab. If you take too long, it will hop up and continue to chase/attack you.
- You can block a spawn's attack by using your backpack or map as a shield